Wednesday, 19 March 2014

School Based Learning W4

Interesting week at school this week. My first taste of a junior class. Successful PE lesson. Building professional relationships with the staff.

Highlights
Being in a year 2 class, I really enjoyed the younger kids. I found them more attentive and keen to please and learn. This is my preferred year group I think. (At this point)
Taking a successful PE lesson and getting good feedback from my critical friend. A few points to still work on but all in all it was successful and my kids thanked me and said they enjoyed themselves.
  
Challenges
Taking a year 2 maths group, keeping it interesting enough for the students to learn.
Have decided what I am going to do in the school, a lunch time drama class. I said I would do it was year 3 and 4's to start off with. I am looking forward to doing theatre sports games and things but I am nervous as I don't know how many kids I will get. 

Learnt
I learnt that I need to not be so hard on myself and that I am more than capable of doing this. I need to believe in my own ability.
Talking to teachers and listening to there stories is always good learning. Hearing those conversations in the staff room always help me with particular kids. 

I really look forward to my SBL days and it reminds me why I want to be a teacher. Seeing that lightbulb go off in a child's mind is really rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment