Friday, 23 May 2014

SBL W11

This week I had a really great week at SBL. Had a class meeting on the Tuesday was a bit of a pain but the content was really relevant. I left feeling good on Wednesday.

Highlights
I have a bond with the kids in this class, they feel really comfortable with me there, they always ask me to hellp them or read with them. its just really cool.
reading to the whole class for the two days, reading books id never read and the kids still being engaged and interested helped build my confidence doing whole class activities. 
Classroom teacher asked me if i wanted to take some handwriting on the board, he obvously thinks I am ready to take small steps towards teaching a whole class which is excitiing.  

Challenges 
Running record, it was also a highlight. Feel like I did my first bit of what ill be doing as a teacher. Felt proud that it was successful, learnt from it doing.  
Finding a book for my guided reading lesson. So many to choose from.  

What I Learnt.
to take any oppertunity that gets thrown at you, thats how you learn and grow. 
I saw a really cool group activity for reading called fantastic facts, Ill be puting that in my eport to ideas in the classroom. 

looking forward to next week when i get to take two shared wiriting lessons. Planning all weekend! The life of a teacher. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment