Thursday, 26 February 2015

SBL over the break

Over my term break I have been into SBL 3 times. I thought it was a great time to get to know my practicum class. I know all the children's names and have bonded with my AT well. She has told me the topics we will be covering so it's up to me to get some ideas to plan with her now.

We had a really cool fun day in the junior school, it was olden day theme and all the teachers and children dressed up. I'm not a fan of dressing up but I got amongst it and wore Art Deco clothing. The kids loved it. They moved around all the classes and did activities in each room or outside. I took photos for the classroom teacher. Or was a really cool day and I'm glad I was apart from it. 

The teacher also had a really cool idea the week before, the class was learning about telly charts and bar graphs. She brought some bags of smarties in with the smaller boxes inside. The kids opened the boxes and did a tally chart on the smarties colours, then drew their own bar graphs. It was a really cool way to get them to buy in on the learning. I think that would work for any age group. Of course they got to eat the smarties afterwards! It was a successfull lesson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment