I only had one day at school based learning this week. I conducted my science interview with my focus child.
Highlights
Not feeling nervous about my science interview, I changed my chilled at the last minute to a yr2 child that I had built a relationship with and it went really smoothly. I will be aiming to do this in the future as having already broken down the resistance they child was willing to just talk to me with out feeling like he was being tested or judged. I really enjoyed it rather than feeling stressed.
Being in my fave class for the afternoon and getting to do some art.
Challenges
This week I didn't have any challenges. I still have a lot of self doubt, that I can't do things, but my confidence is slowly building. It does scare me that we only have another 6 weeks of school till we will be taking a class. That will be a huge challenge. What if I don't know something? The fact I will be getting watched and assessed scares me? How do we know what to teach? What if I can't control a whole class? Argh. Just another thing to freak out about. On the plus side. In 5 more weeks I'm half way through my first year :)
What I learnt
A teacher I spoke too was telling me about what she does with all her old published writing work from the class that is no longer on the wall. She has collected lots of clear files over the years and when she pulls them off the wall she puts the work into a folder that the children can read during independent reading times. I really liked that idea as the word is still on show, and can still show a parent when they come in to visit etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment